Job Summary Location:
Currently working from home. Ordinarily primarily based at Broomhill Industrial Estate, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1QFJOB SUMMARY
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Auditor position in the Internal Audit Team, reporting to the Audit and Risk Manager. The team provides an Internal Audit service to the Council, helping to ensure a strong control environment. This work includes conducting audit assignments by planning risk-based audits, conducting audit testing, communicating results and completing reports on the work completed, raising any risks identified. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, coupled with numeracy and diagnostic skills and a self-motivated approach.RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in the provision of a comprehensive, effective and efficient internal audit service to all internal and external customers to support the business requirement for efficient and effective systems of internal control.
- Provide a comprehensive customer advisory support service on issues relating to the effectiveness of existing operational activities with specific reference to all aspects of the Council's corporate governance arrangements.
- Communicate the specific outcomes of audit projects to customers to enable improvements to be made.
- To provide assurance to all customers on the adequacy and effectiveness of their operational and corporate governance arrangements.
- Support the performance of the Internal Audit Team through a culture of team work and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the Council.
- Work to continuously improve service delivery and the performance of the Internal Audit Team.
- Awareness of the work and overall purpose of Internal Audit and service areas within the Council.
- Numeracy, diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor communication depending on audience.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver positive results.
- Report writing skills.
- Persuasive & personable.
- Carry out role with credibility and professionalism
For further information please contact:
Audit and Risk Manager
Tel: 0141 574 5642
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate's first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee's wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee's final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
East Dunbartonshire Council