This is an exciting post that offers the opportunity to work with one of the leading mental health organisations in Scotland. We support around 1600 adults and young people every week. With over 400 staff across Scotland, we work to promote mental health and wellbeing for all, prevent mental ill health for people who are 'at risk' and to support people with mental health problems.
Recovery Workers work in small collaborative teams to provide people with recovery focused support to enhance their mental wellbeing. In line with Penumbra's values, Recovery Workers assist people who use the service to work towards their individual outcomes and identified goals, as detailed in their personal plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist people who use the service to work toward their identified goals, and move towards a brighter future as per the agreed personal plan.
- Use Penumbra's Recovery tools (e.g. I.ROC, HOPE toolkit)
- Assist with personal care when required.
- Update and maintain relevant recording systems, including computer-based systems.
- Meet regularly with other team members to review progress, approach concerns and plans for moving forward
- Assist in project work as required.
- Work in cooperation with colleagues, and staff from other agencies.
- Work in accordance to Penumbra's policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other members of the team, and liaise effectively with families, agencies, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- Uphold Penumbra's Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC as appropriate and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements.
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required.
Closing date for this post is 11th May 2021, 12pm. Covid 19: This post is currently located in the office.