Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children in care? Seamab is a unique charity, committed to transforming the lives of children. We help some of the most vulnerable children in Scotland. Our work gives children back their childhood, making sure they feel safe loved and happy.We are looking for candidates with a range of skills, who are passionate about working with children and who will contribute to:
Essential requirements for the role:
- Providing an environment where the children can develop their social skills and be encouraged to develop their full potential.
- Enabling and encouraging the children to try, and not to be afraid of failure.
- Create a fun, loving and safe environment
Benefits of working for Seamab:
- All candidates should have 1-2 years' experience in a similar role and should be qualified to HNC/SVQ3 Level in Social Care.
- A good understanding of attachment and trauma in children.
- All candidates will be required to hold/apply for SSSC Registration.
- Generous pension scheme
- Up to 39 days holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Staff shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Your actual hours are based on a 37.5hr working week although you will work a variable shift pattern including early shifts, day shifts, back shifts, and sleepovers.
- Salary up to £28,197 DOE, plus additional sleepovers
Seamab operates a safe recruitment process and all appointments will be subject to reference and PVG checks.Closing date:
Friday, 7th May 2021 at 12 noon. Interviews:
Wednesday, 12th May
Seamab is a registered Scottish Charity (SC011002), established in 1988, providing primary school education and care to 18 children from all over Scotland who have severe social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Based near Rumbling Bridge in Kinross-shire, premises include our school and nearby living accommodation for the children we support 52 weeks of the year. Seamab is registered with the Care Commission and currently employs 80 staff.