Salary from £54,356 to £62,939 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £69,744 pa inclusive of London allowance
The London School of Economics is on a journey to define the next generation in solutions for its 14,000 staff and students, both maintaining its internal bespoke applications, and also seeking opportunity to use development and data frameworks and platforms for the agile delivery of its applications and data.
The Data and Development Manager is responsible for defining and implementing the Schools approach to software development, data integration and system testing. They will also provide line management to the Data and Development Team comprising Software Developers, Integration Specialists and Analysts, Test Specialists and Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business Intelligence Specialists.
Working as part of the Solutions and Partnering Group, the Data and Development Team delivers bespoke software solutions, integration of COTS (customised off the shelf) and SaaS (software as a service) applications, and supports colleagues across the LSE in their development and use of data and insight applications using tools such as Tableau. The post holder will manage the full development lifecycle for the design, development, testing, and deployment of solutions.
The Data and Development Manager's outputs will include:
- Defining the School's approach to software development, data integration, and system testing.
- Delivering a business case for a step change in the DTS approach to data and system integration.
- Working with projects to ensure that the appropriate technical approaches are taken.
- Implementing and managing manual and automated testing frameworks.
- Delivering continuous improvement to a portfolio of existing applications and services.
In return, we offer:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A modern approach to flexible working (for this role)
- Generous annual leave
- Occupational pension scheme
DTS is supporting the LSE 2030 strategy through programmes of transformation and change covering integration, data standards, identity management, and the removal of legacy applications and technical debt, all within an objective to make greater use of Cloud services. The Data and Development Manager will be a key role in progressing the work of these programmes.
Candidates should have:
- Experience of leading, developing, and managing a team.
- Experience of providing technical leadership to project teams and matrix management.
- Ability to build relationships and connections with colleagues at different levels across an organisation.
- Ability to present and communicate complex ideas and technical information to a range of audiences.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification. To apply for this post, please visit our website via the button below.
If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the "contact us" links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgThe closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 16th May 2021 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.