Two positions, based within APG SchoolsDETAILSDescription
Alpha Plus Group are looking for enthusiastic, customer-focused and technically proficient IT Operations Engineers who will be school-based. In this role you will support one or more Alpha Plus schools and will act as their lead point of contact of IT issues.
You will be responsible for providing IT support and strategic advice in support of teaching and learning.Reports to:
Team Leader, based at the Head Office.Hours
: 8.30am to 4.30pm (these may vary slightly depending on specific school requirements).Holiday
: 25 days annual leave per annum plus public holidays.Job Purpose
- Lead point of contact for IT issues in allocated school(s).
- Proactive management, monitoring and maintenance of the school's IT systems.
- Maintain IT asset register for school.
- Assisting school IT leaders develop and implement their IT strategies.
- Work with school IT leaders to ensure IT supports the educational needs of the school.
- Provide technical support for school IT systems.
- Install new and upgraded IT systems.
- Ensure the integrity of the school's IT systems are maintained.
- Provide technical advice in support of the resolution of IT incidents.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure escalated IT issues are resolved within their SLA.
- Work with Head Office in implementing IT systems.
- Document the setup and configuration of all IT systems bespoke to the school.
- Manage IT incidents in a structured way using the Service Desk tool.
- Manage IT problems to resolution.
- Ensure IT changes are managed in a structured way and documented.
- Advise on system enhancements and make recommendations for improvements or replacements.
- Support the deployment of school systems as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of IT systems to staff and students.
- Ensure IT documentation and asset lists are kept up to date.
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Assist in the selection and acquisition of computer hardware, software and third party application packages.
- Ensure Alpha Plus Group policies are adhered to, with a focus on IT and data security.
- Ensure local school policies and procedures are in place to maintain fully operational, robust and secure ICT systems.
- Work flexibly as required in support of the duties of the role.
- Strong educational focus.
- Strong technical skills, specifically in the use of Microsoft products such as:
- Microsoft 365 Suite
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 and above
- Active Directory and Group policy management
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Analysis skills.
- Strong verbal reasoning ability.
- Technologically agile.
Note: School Based Roles
- A strong technical understanding of IT systems.
- Proven experience of server and network infrastructure support.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to users in their use of IT equipment.
- Experience of implementing IT system changes.
- Experience in the education sector would be beneficial but is not essential.
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students' welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.