Air Pollution Control Mechanical Technician (Aftermarket)
Derbyshire based; UK travel required
REF: (phone number removed)
Our client is looking for an experienced Air Pollution Control Technician, who is motivated, flexible, with in-depth knowledge and comprehension of Air Pollution Control equipment. Experience and responsibilities include thorough examination, testing and repair of local exhaust ventilation systems and Bag Filter technologies.
This is a permanent role in their Site Service team across the UK and overseas if required. Primarily a working away from home position that will include for midweek and weekend overtime and call outs when required, Bank holiday working including the Christmas period. A service van will be provided as and when required to carry out your duties.
* Survey, service and maintain existing reference sites and assist to win new orders.
* Recognise opportunities for spares, servicing, and upgrades.
* Offer all areas of support required and build on these existing relationships to ensure business growth.
* Develop Market Database, collating and logging Customers, Sites, Contact Persons, Activity, Sales and Prospects information.
* Review and interpret customer specifications and drawings, assisting with detailed site-surveys where required.
* Carrying out investigations, ensuring that appropriate reporting and remedial action is taken.
* Work closely with other members of the APC team, utilising their existing contacts, develop new opportunities and build relationships.
* Perform equipment inspections and produce detailed reports, you must be prepared to lead a team for larger works as and when required.
* Carrying out the review of Method Statement prior to commencing works, ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation..
* 5 years site experience of industrial filter systems
* P601 Examination and Testing of LEV systems & P602 Service Qualification an advantage.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Familiarity and understanding of Electrostatic Precipitators.
* Fabrication and welding skills.
* An understanding of compressed air and electrical control circuits.
* Professional approach with excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
* Full clean driving Licence.
* IT Literate; - Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
* Must be in good physical condition to cope with site requirements as annual occupational health check required.
* Salary negotiable - Depending on experience (midweek and weekend overtime, annual performance Bonus Scheme)
* 25 days annual paid leave in addition to statutory holidays.
* 37 hour working week, although a flexible attitude necessary/accommodating site operational requirements.
* Pension Scheme available after 3 months