Job Description Summary
Join the industrial controller design team and utilize your software skills to develop real-time embedded software used in GE Power Conversion's Automation & Drive Controller productsJob Description
To know more about our products click here .In this role you will
have the opportunity to:
We are looking for
- Collaborate with Product Leadership to combine Customer requirements with technological advances to define future development strategy.
- Transform development strategy into real control and communication products, by designing, specifying and estimating solutions.
- Undertake a technical lead role for the implementation of new software functionality throughout all phases of development from requirements definition to production release.
- Make technical presentations to managers and peers on technical design details and project status.
- Create and review technical documentation including user manuals, software design and test specifications.
- Be involved in the investigation and resolution of customer issues.
- Mentor less experienced engineers to advance their skills and knowledge.
an enthusiastic professional with:
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related technical field of study and extensive experience in real time embedded software development in industrial automation systems, or similar.
- Expert knowledge of C in a real time embedded environment utilising VxWorks, Linux, QNX or a similar real-time operating system.
- Practical experience with compilers, debuggers, emulators and other tools as needed to perform programming and debug of real time software modules.
- Knowledge of computer networks such as Ethernet LANs and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Experience of utilising software configuration management tools such as Perforce and/or GIT
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Practical experience of driving product and process improvements.
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure.
We recognise the value of having wide range of perspectives in decision-making; and we foster an environment where everyone feels that they belong, that their contribution matters and they are able to perform to their full potential, no matter their background, identity or circumstances.
We also understand that not everyone has the same expectations about their jobs, careers and work-life balance therefore we are happy to discuss flexibility requirements.
We are Power Conversion . Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: