At Deloitte Digital, we connect creativity with technology for business. We bring empathy, ideas, and experience into digital transformation. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society. We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or love all things digital, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a flair for building relationships, a collaborative outlook and lots of big ideas. Come as you are because we value difference and celebrate diversity.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our digital team is expanding and we're looking for people who are experienced in delivering transformation for our Government and Public Sector clients - helping our clients achieve better outcomes for citizens and employees. You will be someone who is curious and unafraid of taking initiative, a good collaborator, empathetic people manager and relationship builder who can bring out the best in others and grow our business without compromising on quality, standards, integrity or culture.
We are specifically looking for someone to steer our digital transformation work with our Security and Justice clients, bringing digital transformation and innovation to help keep citizens safe.
As a Director working with Public Sector clients at Deloitte, you will:
• Work closely with the Security and Justice leadership team to set the direction, build our strategy and direct the delivery of digital transformation in this sector.
• Shape, position and sell technology delivery programmes in Home Affairs, Justice and Policing.
• Work with Government, Agencies and Police Forces to build the market for digital services and technologies that help keep citizens safe.
• Build long standing, trust-based relationships with senior clients and have a deep experience of complex, scaled digital delivery in the Public Sector.
• Be visible and engaged in the market, bringing a distinctive voice and differentiated points of views to relevant client issues, industry and technology trends.
• Guide solution design and development of proposals for clients, including structuring teams and developing pricing and commercial models.
• Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This role is based in our airy and bustling offices in Farringdon, London, but we are happy to discuss other locations with you.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role is based on a full-time basis. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Overall, you're an ideas person, love to solve problems as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
• Ability to cultivate client relationships and engage with senior stakeholders on a range of programme and delivery management activities.
• Positive attitude in heading the delivery of digital transformation programmes in Home Affairs and Justice clients.
• Have deep experience of crafting and guiding a proactive go-to-market strategy/campaign and bid, collaboratively architecting solutions in response to client outcomes and requirements.
• Experience managing project and programme risks and financials.
• Capable of building and directing a network of client relationships across our Security and Justice account and being the lead point of contact for relevant client accounts.
• Shape, cultivate and own a set of industry and partner relationships.
• Ability to build and communicate a distinctive point-of-view on relevant client issues, product, industry and technology trends.
• Nurture a team of dedicated, public sector focused, digital professionals, providing coaching and development, to help them grow and progress.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BACONM CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181590