Part Creative. Part Business. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. At Deloitte Digital, we connect creativity with technology for business. Bringing empathy, ideas, and experience into digital transformation. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society. We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that connects strategy, design and tech to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there quickly.
Our Deloitte Digital team works with government and public sector bodies across Local and Central Government, Transport, Health, Security & Justice and Defence. This role is specifically focused on developing our business with clients in the public healthcare sector. Our clients turn to us to help them realise the potential of digital; to transform the way that they work and digitise their offering; and to innovate and make strategic operational decisions.
Want to help us shape the future? We're looking for experienced people from a consulting, design, tech or business background who can show our clients what's next, then work with our mixed-discipline teams to make it real.
As part of our Consultancy practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. Including: customer and channel strategy, customer experience design, designing new service capabilities and operations, mobile, online and contact centre technology solutions, and related technology and operational change programmes.
We embrace the strengths of diverse talent within our team. You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or a nerd for all things digital, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a collaborative outlook and a flair for big ideas.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We're expanding fast, so we're looking for people who are leaders, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You will work with outstanding digital talent across disciplines to innovate and create great solutions for iconic clients.
Specific responsibilities for this role are:
• Using your understanding of the digital healthcare market to create compelling solutions across the health and social care ecosystem, bringing the best of Deloitte's capabilities to bear
• Having a senior role in the development of our business for healthcare solutions, including tendering for new contracts and building relationships that help us secure work
• Leading the delivery of digital transformation solutions in healthcare, with enough technical know-how that you can take some responsibility for projects that include technology build
• Working with senior clients, and the innovative supplier market, to deliver transformational change from trends such as 'paperless' healthcare and the digital healthcare supply chain
• Being a thought leader on trends and technologies that are driving the digitisation of healthcare, including areas such as the use of AI in diagnoses, smart hospitals and diagnostic wearables
• Being a leader within our healthcare team, and our wider government & public sector team, acting as a role model for others and taking part in supporting our people to have successful careers
• Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
• Maintaining an awareness of the way that public healthcare is delivered in the United Kingdom, a passion for improving outcomes for patients, and excitement about how Deloitte can innovate to achieve this
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
Ideally we'd be looking for the successful applicant to be based in either in London or Manchester
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis, although we expect a minimum of four days per week (80% presence) to be necessary.
Your professional experience
Overall, you're an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
• Experience in a senior role within a technology-focused organisation that serves the healthcare sector
• Experience and success in the sales cycle of technology consultancy work into the public sector
• Technology know-how developed from hands-on roles in modern technology delivery such as systems development, architecture, product ownership or IT delivery management
• Experience forming successful teams to deliver technology solutions, and supporting team members with career development
• Recent experience of working with national public health bodies such as NHS England, NHS Digital, Public Health England or others
• Thought leadership in the areas of digital transformation within the public sector and/or healthcare sector
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing trusting relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BACONM CFTECH LOCMAN
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181127