Deloitte provide premium quality and testing services to a wide range of global clients, solving the most complex testing challenges on their most significant and highest profile IT change programmes. Our team has grown rapidly over recent years, and continues to do so, combining a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise.
Our proposition differs from our competitors as we are not purely delivery focused, we pride ourselves on providing a more consultative and strategic approach to quality engineering which results in our clients experiencing a premium service and gaining higher value outcomes.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
As part of this role you will be responsible for helping our SAP clients to identify and implement the most appropriate and efficient testing solutions for their needs, drawing upon our wide range of expertise and experience. You will get the opportunity to work with top tier clients, providing high quality test advisory and delivery services. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that has a unique position in the test consultancy market.
Working with a range of global clients will also provide you with the opportunity to broaden your senior network with industry leaders across the SAP landscape, and in turn build on your existing leadership and client relationship skills.
As a leader of the Deloitte Quality & Test Engineering team, you will also play an important role in leading practice development activities such as developing quality accelerators to promote our testing capabilities and services to the external market. Likewise, you will be responsible for thought leadership; contributing to the management of our business; building SAP testing communities; and leading training and other talent initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with our SAP leadership teams, proposition owners and Quality & Test Engineering leads to develop and implement SAP Test propositions to attract new clients
• Contribute to Deloitte's thought leadership in Quality & Test Engineering
• Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
• Building long term trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
• Taking responsibility for budgets, client deliverables and billing
• Lead and support the development of client bids and presenting proposals
• Defining test strategies and approaches for large, complex or specialised SAP change programmes
• Managing client test delivery, demonstrating how testing activities meet quality, time and cost objectives
• Providing advice on testing toolsets and leveraging them effectively on programmes
• Reviewing test processes and practices and coaching the team on enhancement opportunities
• Own risks and issues around testing processes, tools and resources
• Act as a role model - help to develop and mentor junior resources
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of Deloitte's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent opportunity. Although, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must exhibit the following:
• Proven SAP domain experience (SAP ECC and/or SAP S/4 Hana) from working on large SAP transformation programmes
• Deep ERP experience and understanding of functional business processes within any of the following areas:
o Supply Chain
o Sourcing and Procurement
• The ability to develop solutions and value-adding propositions and take these to market to provide a competitive edge in SAP testing
• Experience of functional system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and non-functional testing including performance and automation
• Proven experience of working in complex client-facing environments and accountable for medium/large scale test delivery projects
• Strong leadership and management skills with managing onshore, nearshore or offshore test delivery teams
• Building and interacting with a network of accountable executives (C-Suite level), preferably being able to demonstrate strong client contacts/relationships
• Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at clients
• Expert in the field of testing, preferably ISTQB certified or equivalent
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often changeable client environment
• Demonstrable rapid career progression to-date
Additional desirable experience includes:
• A proven track record in a top tier consultancy
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP ; BAALLI; CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181545