Your opportunity Building a secure and trusted data foundation
Our mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. As part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk.
As a team we combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas:
- Data & software engineering - we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our clients' businesses.
- Information management - we implement governance and compliance around enterprise data as a secure and trusted foundation.
- Data science - we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & automation - we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources and removing manual effort.
This opportunity is for an AWS Cloud-DevOps engineer to join the Data & Software Engineering Team. You will be responsible for building AWS cloud-based solutions with intuitive web-based user interfaces that utilises cutting edge data analysis and machine learning algorithms in order to provide our clients with insight and to improve the efficiency and efficacy of their business. Your role
As a Senior Consultant level AWS Cloud-DevOps engineer in our Data Risk Analytics team, you will:
Your work, your choice
- Be a part of a team of developers working together to design and build cloud-based solutions that benefit our clients.
- Use Terraform to design complex AWS infrastructures that support our solutions, including ECS Workloads and Lambda/Batch Job definitions.
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices for our solutions using Jenkins.
- Support junior developers on projects, helping manage their tasks and develop their coding skills.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occassional domestic travel
Work pat tern:
This is a permanent contract opportunity Your professional experience
We are looking for experienced AWS Cloud-DevOps engineers that can also contribute to the wider team. Specifically, you must have:
- Experience using Terraform to build cloud infrastructures
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices with Jenkins (or similar tools)
- Expertise in AWS (preferably with AWS certification)
- Expertise in bash shell scripts
- Strong delivery skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Experience with other cloud platforms like GCP and Azure
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications sector
- Postgraduate degree in a scientific subject (Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Data Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent and/or relevant professional qualification and/or significant relevant consulting/industry expertise.
- A relevant professional qualification and/or relevant consulting expertise
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal Independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
× We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
× We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
× We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
× We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
× We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181403