Join a dynamic and growing team with a focus on delivering efficient and effective processes for our clients.
We are recruiting a business process improvement consultant to join our Operations Excellence team within the Northern Ireland Consulting practice. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and an area which has been identified as a critical element of Deloitte's next generation service provision.
You will bring strong industry expertise in financial services and be a key part of growing our team's capabilities in that space. Our team is diverse and strategically important and we challenge ourselves to provide innovative solutions in high-profile, complex projects on behalf of the UK practice. Working alongside colleagues from the wider UK firm and across the globe, Deloitte is an environment where you and your career can flourish.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
In short... you'll be working alongside a cross-functional team to understand business needs and transform business processes for our clients while helping nurture a culture for process improvement within our growing team:
• Bring strong industry expertise, either through direct experience or prior consulting experience, in either private sector or financial services;
• Manage and support end to end current state process analysis, value stream mapping and improvement opportunity identification;
• Apply an understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (such as DMAIC) to determine the root causes to the challenges our clients face whilst applying the latest in process to address these challenges;
• Review processes from client and user perspectives to discover what adds value, to improve value and flow of work, and to eliminate waste, inconsistency and duplication;
• Work in agile teams to implement prioritised initiatives, deliver target outcomes, and radically transform our clients' businesses;
• Be able to create and articulate personas and use these to map customer or user journeys through various processes;
• Undertake process analysis to determine what solutions will make the maximum impact;
• Seek out, distil and act upon data driven insight. This includes transactions volumes, fail rates, processing times, handoffs, errors, rework, variations, systems used, etc.
• Support clients on the impact of digital on their business, and how they can look to embrace emerging technologies and ways of thinking to improve their business operations and teams;
• Work with our clients to understand their operations today to design and deliver processes that are fit for purpose and successfully realise their strategic intent;
• Understand the dependencies between process, technology, organisation design and data (and other elements) in developing a solution for our clients;
• Support strategic reviews of entire operations or functions within organisations at a system, organisation, service or functional level;
• Provide support to client teams in identifying areas of innovation and automation that encourage new ways of working and enhance the existing operating model;
• Own the client relationship and lead teams through process design projects; and
• Contribute to the on-going development of our own team by developing capabilities and embedding process design tools and methods.
• Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be Belfast
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Above all else you're a curious person that wants to make a positive impact. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a strong understanding and hands on experience of lean/six sigma principles and methodologies, business process design and improvement;
• Has the ability to design, run and/or utilise outputs of quantitative and qualitative user research;
• Ability to map processes, journeys and personas;
• Demonstrate an ability to think and address challenges in a creative manner;
• Possess good problem solving and analytical skills and comfortable in gathering system requirements and working with developers;
• Demonstrate an understanding of process improvement, mapping and automation tools;
• Has solid stakeholder management skills and comfortable working within an agile delivery environment;
• Has project / team management experience; and
• Work effectively within an inclusive team and actively support the development of individuals and teams, both formally and informally.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP BAALLI CFTECH LOCBEL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 180548