We're transforming the way we deliver the best experience for our members, our colleagues, our communities and the society we share. At YBS we have the determination, drive and investment to accelerate the way we deliver our digital journey and continue to provide real help with real life. Now we need the best technology talent to change our technology. For good.
As our Mobile Technical Lead, you'll contribute and drive the continual professional excellence of an in house native mobile application design and development within our Digital and Marketing team. You'll be passionate about leading our mobile developers to build, implement, and support our savings mobile application so that our members have the most user friendly and accessible experiences. You will work with state-of-the-art engineering standards and practices; you'll embrace modern technologies to create everything from new apps to information architecture models and many other design elements. All designed to match customer journeys and drive agreed digital outcomes.
Join us, and you'll work alongside people who can apply their tech knowledge to help others overcome real world challenges. You'll be with people who see opportunity and know they have the freedom to make change happen. People who put their heart and soul into work that makes a real difference. People whose ambition for the future matches our progression as a leader in mortgages and savings. People who constantly reach for better every day. People who have the freedom to work in the way that suits them best in a business that respects the flexibility needed to deliver excellence.
And people who can share the journey. Knowing that true strength comes from people who care. People who can harness the positive power of technology.What you'll do
- Foster a culture of engineering that embraces the values of Agile and practices of DevOps.
- Support and coach Mobile application developers with best practice and quality assurance guidance on software development, tooling, Agile delivery practice, YBS and Industry guidance.
- Take the lead with best practice and tooling and software applications to enhance the performance of the Native Mobile applications.
- Enable and support an environment where engineers are encouraged to, and trusted to, innovate and self-organise to achieve outcomes for the business.
- Work into IT to meet current and future challenges faced by delivery and engage across IT and stakeholder groups to resolve issues.
- Work with agile development teams and business stakeholders, ensuring solutions are efficient, modular, standards compliant and deliver valued business system changes compliant with the Group strategy.
- Main point of contact to deal with wider YBS IT change releases and impact on Mobile application developments.
- Manage incident, problem and demand ensuring compliance with group, Audit, Vendor and regulatory requirements.
- To be a primary point for business users and SME's to resolve issues and provide operational guidance for the service and 3rd party applications.
You'll have expert knowledge of relevant technologies and platforms e.g. Swift, Kotlin, CI/CD pipelines for mobile applications, App Store/Google Play release process and best practice, RESTful APIs and API gateway solutions (Apigee). Knowledge of containers and container orchestration solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift) and micro-service architectures is desirable.
A proven track record working in an agile environment to lead the design and build of usable and engaging digital experiences. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to balance attractive visuals with commercial effectiveness, functionality & usability.
Experience interpreting complex information to develop business outcomes for none technical stakeholders and audiences. You'll be knowledgeable about the full lifecycle of mobile applications and best practices.
You can work autonomously to make key operational and implementation decisions that contribute to our digital transformation and member satisfaction.
Experience working in financial services, or other regulated environments, is desirable. You'll also have experience of managing a set of internal and external stakeholder relationships.Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you...Flexibility -
We offer a range of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Whether it's finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we'll help work to work for you.Celebrating Success -
From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners, we acknowledge our colleagues successes - no matter how big or small.Giving Back -
Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!Inclusivity -
We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, support it, promote it and thrive on it, for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.Site Perks -
Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.So....
If you've got a passion for creating user experiences that contribute to the way our members interact with us and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting building society that benefits society, talk to us. You'll find a role that's big on challenge, in a business that's small enough to make a real difference.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today?
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92326769