If you're looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people's lives, come and join our finance team and help support the digital transformation of the UK. You'll work with high profile public and commercial clients, delivering improvements to complex systems that make the everyday simpler.
Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If so, we need a part qualified Finance Analyst who is analytical, organised and motivated to support one of our busy business units.
This role will provide support to a variety of projects, providing management project reporting for clients in a number of industries, to ensure visibility, accuracy, completeness and integrity of the data. This role is pivotal to the smooth running of the business and requires strong time management skills and attention to detail.
You'll also be actively encouraged to develop your skills and knowledge through both internal and external professional development to enable you to progress your career with us.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Assist financial lead on the programme, making sure all parties (business and finance) have full visibility over the status and outlook of their projects.
• Review DS Web (web-based tool used by Project Managers to manage the finances of their projects) at month end and ensure that the correct revenue is recognised at month end.
• Understand key business events which drive changes to the P&L.
• Regular review of cost base and posting of necessary accruals and prepayments (Understand internal and external costs and ensure accurate).
• Undertake revenue recognition review of new business and ensure correctly accounted.
• Gain an understanding of key financial contract terms and conditions and ensure appropriate judgement applied to financials.
• Attend project reviews to understand delivery issues and consequences on the finances.
• Where required get involved in preparing/resolving issues with DS Web.
• Supporting, as needed, the preparation and review of the audit packs (internal and external) relevant to projects.
• Responsible for producing required slides & management information (P&L and Balance sheet).
• Where required support bidding activity including preparing or checking bid models.
• Decision support to the business project owners (e.g. for commercial negotiations).
• Review Healthcheck information where appropriate.
• Ad-hoc finance projects or project related work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will either have started ACA/ACCA/CIMA or similar or be looking to start studying. You may have completed a couple of exams already, but want to get more commercial exposure
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, and will be able to work effectively with teams in different locations. You will be confident and a proficient communicator, comfortable with dealing with a variety of staff. You will be process orientated and results driven.
If you have experience within the IT services sector and contract accounting that would be desirable but it is not a pre-requisite. Other desirable experience would include use of PeopleSoft and Hyperion Financial Management however they are also not a pre-requisite.
Due to current COVID restrictions you will initially be working from home, however when normality resumes you will based in our Bridgend offices. We do require someone who has the flexibility to occasionally travel to our London office.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92324712