Service Name: Glasgow Alcohol and Drug Residential Recovery Service - Stabilisation
Because People MatterGlasgow Residential Stabilization Service
We aim to provide a 4 to 6 weeks residential service for individuals who are no longer managing their support within a community setting.
Our team of social care, nursing and medical staff will provide treatment and support to individuals who are deemed to be engaging in high risk drug and/or alcohol use with complex needs. Collaboratively working within a Recovery Orientated System of Care (ROSC) to address the individuals' physical, mental, social and emotional needs. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering a range of interventions in 1:1 and group work settings to support, encourage and motivate individuals to assist them to gain some stability back in their life.Turning Point Scotland Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre
The Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre is a busy 24/7 service for drug users, combining a Methadone Clinic, Needle Exchange service and a 12 bedded Residential Unit. Its multi-disciplinary teams comprise social care workers, nurses and medical staff, who encourage and support Service Users to find ways of making their drug use less problematic and to achieve a better quality of life. Many Service Users will be unable to cope and be at risk, but whatever the issue Turning Point Scotland is committed to rehabilitation and recovery through effective person centred support. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:SERVICE DELIVERY
- Ensure a Citizenship approach to delivering services. Citizenship is defined by a persons connection to the 5 R's: Rights, Responsibilities, Roles, Relationships, resources and their sense of belonging.
- Planning the delivery of most effective nursing interventions based on comprehensive assessment of need.
- To fully involve service users in their care planning ensuring they are given informed choices in regard to nursing care and treatment.
- To work in partnership with medical staff/prescriber to offer a range of evidence-based pharmacological treatments to support stabilisation or detoxification.
- To provide a range of nursing interventions on an individual and/or group work basis including psychological/psychosocial interventions.
- To undertake initial and ongoing assessments of service users at various stages in their engagement with the service, utilising a range of assessment tools and methods to evaluate the severity of dependency and complexity of needs, including history taking, observation, investigations, and use a range of screening tools.
- To assist service users to recognise and exercise their rights and provide an appropriate level of professional support to service users to assist them to make informed choices.
- To undertake key working duties and responsibilities in accordance with Turning Point Scotland's Key Working Policy and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
- To administer and dispense prescribed medication to service users in accordance with the instructions on the prescription.
- To act in accordance with the relevant legislation, the Nursing and Midwifery Council code of conduct, and acknowledged good practice and be involved in the clinical governance within the service.
- To assist the Service Manager by networking effectively with workers from other agencies who are involved with service users, purchaser's monitoring requirements, and Turning Point Scotland's needs.
- To assist the Service Manager and Senior Nurse to prepare for Care Inspectorate inspections and other audit activities, and with the implementation of any recommendations or requirements.
- To be personally familiar with and ensure own compliance with Turning Point Scotland's operational policies and procedures, including medication and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
- To ensure effective provision of nursing across Turning Point Scotland you will be deployed to other drug and alcohol services as required.
Please visit our website for more information by selecting the APPLY