We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and competent Senior Finance Officer to join our small charity, which has a big impact within our community. This is a sole role within the organisation which therefore requires an individual with significant experience in a finance role, and who has the ability to manage all aspects of financial management and reporting, whilst also working as part of the wider team. You will therefore work closely with colleagues across the organisation and have a specific remit to work in partnership with Fundraising.
Candidates should have an excellent knowledge of accounting processes and procedures, and experience of working in a financial environment, particularly roles focused on payroll and supplier payments. You should be educated as minimum to HND level.
The following knowledge skills and experience are essential to the role:
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in financial role, preferably in a senior role.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to explain & report complex financial matters clearly and concisely.
- Resourceful and good attention to detail, willing to question and investigate.
- Self-Starter, pro-active approach essential.
- Ability to prioritise workloads with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable to work under pressure.
- Capability to manage multiple pieces of work concurrently and to produce these to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and supportive team player essential.
- Highly organised, engaging, and supportive of other team members.
- Experienced in working under pressure with the ability to lead others calmly to successful outcomes.
- Minimum HND in Finance related subject (or similar e.g. Business) and/or significant experience.
Hours: Part-time - 22.5 hours a week, working full days on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday each week.
Salary: £32,000 pro rata
If this sounds like you and you are keen to make a big difference in a small charity then we'd love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, with covering letter outlining why your experience makes you the right candidate for the role (no more than one double-sided A4 for the covering letter) to Monica Ribeiro at firstname.lastname@example.org - this is also where any initial queries can be sent.
The closing date for receipt of CV's and Covering letters is Friday 7th May at 5pm. Please note that interviews will be held on Thursday 13th May in the morning.