Sound Primary School is a non-denominational school located in the Sound area of Lerwick and provides education from nursery to Primary 7. The school structure currently consists of 1 nursery session per day and has 14 primary classes. There are 17 Class Teachers & 1 nursery teacher, 3 Support for Learning Teachers and a variety of Specialist Teachers. Our staffing also includes clerical staff, support staff, supervisors, crossing patrol assistants and a janitor. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The Head Teacher is Mrs Ann-Marie Angus. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.sound.shetland.sch.uk/school/ or on our school blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/website/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3769 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week
- The proposed start date of this post is 16 August 2021
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.4
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: GTCS registration
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sound Primary School, Lerwick.For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ann-Marie Angus, Head Teacher on 01595 744982 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032 .