This is an exciting post that offers the opportunity to work with one of the leading mental health organisations in Scotland. We support around 1600 adults and young people every week. With over 400 staff across Scotland, we work to promote mental health and wellbeing for all, prevent mental ill health for people who are 'at risk' and to support people with mental health problems.
Recovery Workers work in small collaborative teams to provide people with recovery focused support to enhance their mental wellbeing. In line with Penumbra's values, Recovery Workers assist people who use the service to work towards their individual outcomes and identified goals, as detailed in their personal plan.
Penumbra Milestone is a partnership with NHS Lothian, City of Edinburgh Council (Department of Health and Social Care) and Waverley Care.
It is an alcohol-free 10-bedded step-down unit to provide short-term care for vulnerable men and women, aged 18+, who have a diagnosis of Alcohol Related Brain Damage (ARBD).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist people who use the service to work toward their identified goals, and move towards a brighter future as per the agreed personal plan.
- Use Penumbra's Recovery tools (e.g. I.ROC, HOPE toolkit)
- Assist with personal care when required.
- Update and maintain relevant recording systems, including computer-based systems.
- Meet regularly with other team members to review progress, approach concerns and plans for moving forward
- Assist in project work as required.
- Work in cooperation with colleagues, and staff from other agencies.
- Work in accordance to Penumbra's policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other members of the team, and liaise effectively with families, agencies, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- Uphold Penumbra's Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC as appropriate and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements.
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required.
The closing date for this position is Friday 14th May 2021
at 12:00 (midday)
. (Extended deadline - previous applicants need not apply).
The interviews will take place in w/c 24th May 2021.
This is a 24/7 service. This post will involve working 5 shifts out of 7 days, including days, evenings, waking nights, and weekends. Out of 7 shifts, 3 will be waking nights. Other shifts patterns may be required to fit the needs of the service. During the Covid-Pandemic this post is currently located: within the service.