Technician - Construction
1.0 FTE / 35 hours per week
£25,093 - £27,540
The Care, Sport & Construction Dept. wish to appoint an enthusiastic Construction Technician covering all aspects of this role with main duties in the Civil Engineering discipline to provide specialist technical advice appropriate to the subject area.
• Co-operate and assist with lecturers/other and relevant staff in the preparation for classrooms, and workshop demonstrations.
• Demonstrate the correct use of equipment, machinery and techniques used in Civil Engineering as appropriate to the individual subject area of specialism and expertise.
• Provide a repair and maintenance service for appropriate equipment and machinery.
• Ensure compliance at all times, with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other health and safety regulations.
• Undertake CPD as appropriate to ensure that the specialist skills associated with the post are regularly updated.
You will ideally be educated to HNC level in the appropriate subject area and or be able to demonstrate appropriate equivalent industry experience in the civil engineering field as a minimum. Ideally, you will have a Health and safety qualification or relevant experience. You will have an understanding of the needs and requirements of a busy college teaching departmentand; be able to work effectively with the technician team within the department's other construction areas. A full clean driving licence is requirement due to field trips related to the curriculum and cross campus duties.
Travel between campuses may be required as part of this role.
*Please note the College is currently undergoing a National Job Evaluation process and therefore all salaries are subject to the outcome of this process