PRINCIPAL PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
This section lists the main (headline) responsibilities / accountabilities of the job.
- To be competent in the repairs and maintenance of various types of lawn mowers and small plant
- To set schedules for equipment servicing
- To operate as part of an operational team
- To assess what spare parts are required and to price and assist with ordering
- To drive a variety of vans and trailers
- To maintain maintenance records
- To liaise with operatives, charge hands and supervisors on a daily basis
- To assist with the storage and issuing of ancillary items e.g. grease, petrol
- Monitoring and label equipment in relation to HAVS
- Line manage assistant mower mechanic
List of Mower Mechanic Activities:
• repair mowers and small plant
• set service schedules
• driving vans and trailers
• maintain service records
• store and issue ancillary items
• test, record and label mowers and small plant for vibration
• liaise with operatives, charge hands and supervisors
• charge hand skills
• line manage assistant mower mechanic
Clackmannanshire Council welcomes applications from everyone and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. For this vacancy, we would welcome applications from ethnic minority groups, who are currently under represented in our workforce.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.