Falkirk High School is a non-denominational six year fully comprehensive school, situated in Falkirk, approximately 1 mile from the centre of town. Founded in 1886, Falkirk High School has a complement of approx. 1100 pupils; around 93 FTE teaching staff and a highly dedicated team of over 30 FTE support staff. Our Senior Management Team (SMT), led by our Head Teacher, comprises of 4 Depute Head Teachers and a Resource Manager.
Falkirk High School's goal is to provide for the needs of all pupils, irrespective of age, aptitude and ability, in an equitable way through its curriculum, management and atmosphere. Perhaps the most important feature of Falkirk High School is its general ethos and character, exemplified by the wider curricular and enrichment opportunities afforded to our pupils, with an emphasis on the development of the whole person. All staff are encouraged to consider what they can offer in relation to this. The relationships between staff and pupils, and between different groups of pupils, are excellent and we go to great lengths to ensure that health and wellbeing is of great importance with pupil support and provision for social development being second-to-none. At Falkirk High School we strive to develop a solid framework for learning, based on relationship led practice, whilst aiming for excellence in learning and teaching.
As a member of our staff at Falkirk High you will be expected to exercise a style which reflects the school's aims and values, promotes a positive ethos of achievement, fosters strong links with parents and the wider community and develops the work of the school appropriately.WOULD YOU LIKE TO
- be part of a multidisciplinary leadership team and lead the creation of a learning community which takes a pride in its young people and all they can achieve?
- make sure all pupils realise that achievement?
- demonstrate that GIRFEC values are at the heart of your life and work?
- have very good communication skills, including working with parents and outside agencies?
- have a proven track record in school improvement?
- lead a large team of teaching and support staff who take a pride in what they have achieved?
- work effectively with others as member of a team at school, cluster and local authority level?
- demonstrate that you have made a positive difference to children's learning and lives?
If all this sounds like you, then we want you to be the Depute Headteacher of Falkirk High School.The Application Process
Please refer to the person specification included in the Additional Information pack when setting out the skills, experience and attributes that you can bring to this specific post.
Should your application be progressed to the next stage please note the key dates listed below:
- School Engagement - Monday 24 May 2021 AM
- Short Leet interview - Tuesday 25 May 2021 PM
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG scheme membership along with GTCS Registration