To assist in the management and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN).
Baltasound Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Unst. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the island of Unst. The structure of the school is 1 nursery, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 89 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 15 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Paul Thomson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://unst.org/web/bjhs/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays.
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 16 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Baltasound Junior High School, Unst, Shetland.For further details relating to this post, please contact: Paul Thomson, Head Teacher, on 01595 807020, or Email Paul.Thomson2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032 .