Shape our future as Organisational Research Optimisation Consultant
Capita Consulting are seeking an exceptional individual to perform the role of OR optimisation consultant on a complex data-driven optimisation project for the Government.
This highly exciting project will see you working in a cross-disciplined team of other Data Architects, Service designers, Rapid prototype engineering, Developers and Testers; and reporting into the Head of Schedule Optimisation.
We are seeking a data engineer with a keen interest in delivering an advanced business scheduling solution that extracts maximum business value from available data through making significant use of optimisation. This provides an excellent opportunity to learn or expand their experience of optimisation techniques working alongside experienced optimisation consultants.
The OR optimisation consultant will be part of a team responsible for the design, development and testing of the schedule optimisation solution.
Your first project is of strategic importance to both Capita and the UK government. Further information about the project can be viewed on the Capita website: https:// We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.What you'll be doing:
This hands-on role will involve:
- Managing and supporting the development and implementation of a solution incorporating mathematical optimisation
- Transforming customer needs through structuring data for use in an optimisation engine, from defining, to implementing, to testing, to drafting documentation.
- Working with Business Analysts to understand the client's requirements
- Working with service designers and optimisation experts to design the solution
- Building an initial prototype and minimal viable product
- Delivering associated tasks including full testing cycle and documentation
- Reporting into the Head of Schedule Optimisation
- Other tasks deemed necessary to meet the client's requirements
A background in Government/Secure services or having worked on previous type projects is clearly desirable but not essential. It is however critical that you are used to working with data in highly secure and regulated environments.
It is essential for this role that you are willing to undertake and meet the criteria for the Security Clearance level process, which is required for this role. For this you will need to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.What we're looking for:
- Strong background in mathematics (Degree level), coupled with high quality and rigorous programming skills
- An excellent background in any of C++, C# or Java is essential
- Experience in evaluating and tuning performance of data extraction and manipulation functionality
- Experience of linear programming, mixed integer programming
- Knowledge in algorithmics outside mathematical programming, for example graph algorithms, approximation algorithms and heuristics, dynamic programming, etc.
- Knowledge in parallel processing and hardware implementation aspects of mathematical algorithms
- Knowledge of performance turning of optimisation solutions
- 5 experience building solutions to real-life optimisation problems (using Cplex, Gurobi, or Xpress)
What's in it for you?
- You should be self-motivated and be able to work as part of a distributed team
About Capita Consulting
- A competitive basic salary and benefits
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Capita Consulting is a new division created in December 2019 to take a new approach to the market bringing our earned experience from industry and the broad knowledge across the group to provide advice, guidance and our combined expertise to guide and develop unique offerings and solutions to our wide range of existing clients and to develop new streams of revenue.What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact for support.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92542846