Microsoft SME ReadingHeard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance. Now is your chance...
Our Solution Design Team are the gatekeepers of the Detailed Design process within the bank. We work with the Business and Architecture to create System designs that deliver the requirements from the project and a supportable service.
We are a high performing team that are driving technical innovation - suggest new systems or services for the technology estate and drive awareness of services that need updating/upgrading or replacement.
The role of Microsoft SME is really important to us. You will work with an experienced team of Architects, Engineers and DBA's on a variety of projects,
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, the Infrastructure Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction. What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Designing Technical Solutions for IT Services utilising the Bank enterprise architecture
- Advises IT Teams on technical road map for IT services
- Design processes for on Prem, Azure and Office 365 Stack to support the Bank
- Co-ordinate the activities of others (internal staff, client staff, subcontractors, associates and staff from collaborating and/or competing suppliers) and will be expected to manage stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Ensuring solutions designed meet security and governance standards and comply with FCA/PRA guidelines.
- Creating designs to allow the migration of existing systems to new datacentres
- Making recommendations for the Roadmap of IT
- Working with the Architecture and Design function to enhance the design process and produce reusable processes
- Experienced in production of Low-level design and technical architectures addressing but not limited to:Virtualisation, Active Directory, Security, RBAC, Service Accounts, Continuity, DR and BackupSaaS integration, and 3rd party connectivity / access requirements
What can you expect of us?
- Provide Design advice on major projects. Ability to Lead the design process required
- Ability to articulate the benefits and value proposition of Cloud versus on prem and which option is better for a given solution
- Significant experience in Microsoft and VMware systems architecture
- Good experience in Certificates and DNS
- Knowledge of migration of applications and infrastructure to Cloud environments (namely Azure)
- Experience of configuration of systems in the Office 365 stack
- Knowledge of PowerShell and scripting to automate processes
- Ability to create and design technical documentation standards.
- Organisational commitment, Teamwork and Influence
- Research and recommend solutions which meet or exceed the customer requirements.
- Producing Technical designs for Physical/Virtual and cloud services
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Providing technical leadership and accountability for the management and implementation of new Designs for customer projects.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies, and research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
- Certifications: Microsoft Azure Preferred
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential. Still Curious?
The Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, together under one umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.#backingyoutobringyourbestThe Group is an equal opportunities employer
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received, will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92538729