Senior Digital Insight AnalystAbout the role:
With ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond, our Customer Insight and Activation team are currently looking for an experienced Senior Digital Insight Analyst
to work on some of our largest projects. Reporting to the Head of Customer Insight & Activation, you will be responsible for analysing digital behaviour in order to provide rich, actionable insight and key recommendations to our clients. This is more than just an insight role; it's an opportunity to help shape the digital strategies of some of the world's leading brands and retailers!Senior Digital Insight Analyst key responsibilities:
As a Senior Digital Insight Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Creating measurement plans that identify the customer behaviour to be tracked (you will work closely with our implementation analysts for this)
- Establishing detailed reporting and visualisations that help our clients understand the performance of their digital channels
- Using measurement tools to analyse visitor behaviour in detail, across a wide range of digital properties (websites, mobile applications, instore devices)
- Creating detailed insight reports that cover key findings and recommendations
- Presenting your findings to a senior-level client audience and helping them understand what it means for their business
- Working with our internal UX and design teams to inform the creation of new websites and apps
- Answering client queries and running training sessions with them
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!The techy bit
....we need you to be really great at as a Senior Digital Insight Analyst
- At least 2 years' experience working as an analyst providing insight, ideally in an ecommerce setting (client or agency)
- Must have Advanced practical knowledge of Google Analytics, including its Enhanced Ecommerce functionality
- Numerically adept in using Excel (or similar) to analyse data
- Previous experience supporting junior team members
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience working with senior client stakeholders
- Effective time management and multitasking abilities
If you know some of this even better!
- A proven track record of delivering large insight projects for leading B2C organisations
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Practical knowledge of visualisation tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau and Qlikview (or proficiency in using R or Python packages for relevant visualisation).
- Experience working with any of the following tools is a bonus: Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SessionCam, Decibel Insight, ContentSquare, Optimizely, Monetate, Qubit, HotJar, CrazyEgg
is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce. How?
By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker. Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92353242