We are looking for an experienced English Teacher to join the High School team at ACS Cobham International School for a one year contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching IB and AP English to students in grades 9-12 with varying levels of skills and ability.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Bachelors degree or international equivalent as a minimum
- A teaching qualification (QTS or equivalent)
- At least two years experience teaching English to students in all grades from 9 to 12
- Strong IT skills, preferably with Apple products
- Significant experience and willingness to integrate technology to improve teaching and learning
- Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for teaching and good understanding of behaviours of the relevant age group
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Experience of teaching in an international school is preferable but not essential
Salary range is GBP 35,000 to GBP 43,000 per annum
Role start date: 1st August 2020
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.