You are an experienced Product Manager with a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Ideally, you will have worked in Hospitality software and have knowledge of Single Customer View CRM systems.
You will join our dynamic Hospitality Product Management team. Reporting to the Product Director, you will play a vital role in defining and owning the newly acquired Acteol Atreemo CRM product, working with the acquired leadership team and helping to set the strategic product direction and define the solution roadmap based on market and competitive trends.
Integration of Atreemo with our existing product suite including Access EPoS, Access Collins and Access Workspace will be pivotal to our growth plans along with how we apply its advanced single customer view CRM technology to enhance consumer attraction and retention for our Hospitality customers.
You will work with Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the solution positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact with customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Defining and owning your product, including vision, strategy and roadmap.
• Provide input to business cases to support product strategies & roadmaps.
• Capturing Business Requirements for selected applications and market sectors.
• Use financial information to analyse and optimize revenue, pricing, and contribution margins for selected products.
• Collaborating with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmaps, product content and launch.
• Initiating and sponsoring all functional development projects based on agreed business cases and agreed business requirements.
• Collaboratively working with internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements and develop optimal business solutions, UI/UX designs and workflows.
• Work closely with Development to ensure the correct functionality is created from the prioritised business cases and requirements.
• Work with Sales and Product Marketing on Go To Market (GTM) initiatives for the existing product, including demo capability, marketing collateral, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
• Work with the other product managers to understand the overall portfolio, to facilitate divisional product strategy, integration and cross sell.
• Pro-actively engaging in agile development activities: scrums, planning and estimating sessions, workshops, and stakeholder development demonstrations.
• Maintaining effective communication between customers, business and technical stakeholders in the project so that it is unambiguous/timely; and ensuring risks and issues are managed effectively.
• Write and maintain Epics and User Stories for new and existing software processes.
• Analyse and document complex business operations for software developers and testers as required.
• Work with the quality assurance team to ensure that the software meets the required quality standards.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A product manager with several years of experience working in an agile product development environment.
• Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
• Excellent collaboration skills, able to work effectively with multiple teams and disciplines.
• Experience of managing multiple products in an integrated environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in immediate area of responsibility
• Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
• Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
• Ideally you will have experience working in software for Hospitality and/or Single Customer View CRM solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92379657