Senior Data Engineer - up to £62,969per annum, 27.5% pension contribution from DWP, work life balance freeing you up to do the things you loveDWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you have expertise in operating Cloud engineering platforms such as Microsoft Azure AND/OR Amazon Web Services(AWS) AND/OR Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
- Do you have experience in ETL tooling pipelines?
- Do you have proven experience in building big-data capability?
- Do you believe in the power Big Data to drive a massive, generational change and better outcomes for millions of people?
We're looking for a talented Big Data Engineer to join our growing community of experts on our Data & Analytics practice service, a key part of one of the biggest and highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Now that the UK has left the EU and the transition period has ended., the Government has pledged to set up a Shared Prosperity Fund to "reduce inequalities between communities".
You'll work as part of this new, untapped and use Big Data with a purpose and impact like nowhere else in the digital landscape.Delivery. Work. Projects.
You're an experienced Data Engineer so you'll know what it means to lead, manage and deliver all aspects of data development activities, and to do so with a focus on the experience of the end user.
You might never have used your skills at this massive scale though, or driven by such an extraordinary purpose, without profit motive or shareholders. UK SPF funding is being to boost several aspects of economic development, including support businesses, employment and agriculture.
You'll be a key part of our thriving Data Engineering community. You'll own the overall Data Engineering Development process the UK SPF programme, setting the strategies for products and across the team.
You'll lead, manage and deliver all aspects of code development activities and provide technical leadership, setting the strategic direction and making sure we're doing the right things at the right times.
We want someone who can lead other engineer and own the quality of the products they produce, as well as technical design documentation, design standards, metadata and data quality.
What skills, knowledge and experience do you need to show us?You're an open and approachable leader. We want you to use your knowledge and experience coach and mentor your team and to grow the next generation of leaders to be their optimum best. In your application you'll need to show us:
In your application we want you to show what you can do by telling us what you have done. Tailor and structure your responses to evidence the skills and experience we're looking for. Details. Wages. Perks.
- Experience in leading the design and development of complex data pipelines
- knowledge of API development
- Demonstrable understanding of the technical concepts required in your role and you understand how these fit into the wider technical landscape.
- Able to adapt and respond to high levels of ambiguity and complexity.
- Evidence of turning complex data into compelling, clear and actionable stories: from presenting clear analysis and visualisations to breaking down complex messages into clear and actionable insights for your diverse audience.
- Evidence of an ability to interpret and disseminate data from relevant data sources, tools and systems. You use the appropriate approaches for verifying and validating data and influencing senior stakeholders in data approaches.
- Evidence of operating with Cloud engineering platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services(AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
You'll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Newcastle
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.We offer a competitive salary up to £62,969, a brilliant civil service pension of circa 27% and a leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me @
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.