Our client is a charity working both in schools and online. They are currently looking for tutors who can deliver high quality maths sessions online (via Zoom) to small groups of strong young mathematicians. Our client is an approved provider for the government's National Tutoring Programme.The role
Our client are looking for passionate and qualified Maths teachers who can make a real difference to high-ability students. They will deliver a structured programme of weekly online tuition to small groups of carefully selected students.
As a tutor with our client you will use your extensive experience teaching Maths to stretch and challenge our students to become excellent mathematicians.What we do
Our client is a charity working to combat inequality. Their structured programmes of weekly after-school tuition are designed to improve the attainment, skills, and confidence of students who otherwise would not be able to afford this support. They carefully select the students who will most benefit from their support, and then match them in small groups with one of their fantastic tutors.
The programme that is currently recruiting tutors works with the most able young mathematicians from a wide variety of backgrounds (half the students are eligible for the Pupil Premium) to develop their problem-solving skills and deepen their mathematical understanding. As a tutor, the charity expects you to:
What we look for in a tutor:
- Stimulate, inspire and challenge your group of students every session
- Deliver weekly hour-long sessions for at least 10 weeks online
- Review and understand the session materials that will be provided to you at the start of each week
- Provide feedback on the progress of the programme
- Take part in training, observations and appraisals
- Adhere to the charity's Safeguarding and other policies
- Passion for supporting young people to realise their full potential
- Inspirational and engaging teaching style
- Qualified maths teacher with extensive teaching/tutoring experience (in schools or other settings)
- Experience teaching Maths up to at least Key Stage 4, preferably beyond
- Ability to commit to after-school or weekend sessions at the same time each week for at least the duration of a school term (10 weeks)
- Right to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employment business and agency working on behalf of our clients and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.