FRS-UK are working with a multimillion-pound turnover International construction company to actively recruit for an experienced Revit CAD Technician to work closely with multiple departments across the business.
You will be required to be an 'out of the box' thinker, be able to create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings throughout the entire life cycle of projects, work to the highest standards and have a keen interest in working on construction projects within the food sector.
The work will be varied and exciting, being involved in the most prestigious Food Construction Project the UK has ever seen, along with projects in the Pharmaceutical, Logistical, Hi Tech Manufacturing and Mega Shed sectors.
* Work with engineers, technicians and other members of the wider team to ensure production of practical, efficient and coordinated designs
* Produce 'engineering' layouts at the initial and detailed design phases
* Develop 3D structural models and produce necessary drawings using Revit &/or AutoCAD
* Carefully and thoroughly execute engineer drawing mark ups and comments
* Applying design knowledge for input into architectural, mechanical and electrical design aspects
* Working to tight timelines and deadlines whilst producing the highest quality of work
* Control flow of design information for specific projects both internally and externally
* Play a guiding role in the company design standards, ensuring all projects are working to BIM and all standards and protocols are managed and maintained.
* Have the flexibility to work in both metric and imperial units
* Self-management of priorities and workload to ensure all targets are met
* Keep up to date with the latest software updates, AutoCAD/Revit Standards
* Professional experience in technical detailing, construction detailing in Revit & AutoCad are essential
* Extensive software knowledge of AutoCAD Revit MEP within the building services sector and with +5 years' experience:
* All aspects of buildings services MEP design and installation
* Architectural detailing.
* A good understanding of coordination and sequencing of services
* Clash Detection
* Advanced knowledge of Revit and 2D / 3D AutoCAD including training qualifications
* Google Docs, MS Office experience
* Good at problem-solving
* Good communication skills with peers, Clients and external Professional Team
* Team player
* Flexible work approach and ability to manage multiple active projects
* The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent attention to detail
* Be able to think 'out of the box'
* Capability to manage your own workload
This Role is Head Office Based role; however, you may be asked to carry out occasional site visits or external meetings