Contract recruitment - Job Advert Template
Becoming a Senior Highways Engineer with Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
The Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational and career development position in our organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
What you'll be doing:
· Working on schemes from concept to completion
· Working with teams onsite collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary design team
· Working with project teams to deliver concept design
· Design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction
· Currently working on exciting link road project in the lake district
What we're looking for:
· Design experience using Civil 3D
· Qualified or working towards
· A Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of ICE or CHIT
· Post qualification experience in the design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction
About [Business Unit]
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
· An hourly rate of £35-£45
· Remote working with limited travel as required to office locations all based in the north of England
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Hannah Bradley via the email
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92625377