About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $420 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Investment Grade Finance is responsible for originating fixed income securities as part of the capital raising activities undertaken by our clients (both corporate and financial institutions). J.P. Morgan is the leader in investment grade bond issuance and loan origination, leading offerings for clients across industries and geographies. Industry specialization enables us to service issuers' specific needs. We address both broad corporate finance topics as well as detailed execution advice for our clients. We have dedicated origination teams for hybrid securities and debt Private Placements. In addition, our Liability Management team aligns with the bond originators to provide integrated capital structure optimization solutions to our clients.
Debt Capital Markets Cross-Border Analyst Program
As an Analyst in the Investment Grade Finance Cross-Border Program, you will work with experienced professionals at one of the world's leading global investment banks. The Analyst will focus on analyzing and identifying optimal and marketable capital structure solutions for the client. They will be responsible for deal coordination efforts across internal and external parties including coverage, credit, legal and client teams.
- 3 years, with two 18-month DCM rotations in Europe and New York
- Start as a 1st year analyst progressing through the JP Morgan Global Investment Banking training program
- Upon successful completion of the 3rd year, the individuals will be placed permanently in one of two groups as an associate based on mutual preference and business needs
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor global rate and credit market dynamics and how they affect our clients' debt portfolios and funding decisions;
- Participate in the structuring, marketing and pricing of bond and loan executions in addition to larger scale liability management transactions;
- Coordinate with investment banking coverage, interest rate/FX risk management and syndicate to provide clients with holistic corporate finance and capital structure solutions;
- Develop industry specific knowledge of the client base and awareness of key decision makers (i.e. CFOs, Treasurers, Capital Markets Directors)
- Maintain direct dialogue with client coverage officers, debt and equity partners.
Analysts function as fully integrated team members, in a flat structure that allows for direct client interaction and working directly with MDs, EDs and VPs. The Analyst is an integral part of the Investment Grade Finance team where team members rely on the Analyst to drive processes including deal executions and pitching.
- 2-5 years of experience in one of the following preferred backgrounds:
Banking (Investment / Corporate)
Sales and Trading
Credit Risk Management
Private Banking or Asset & Wealth Management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information and help develop innovative client solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and able to efficiently manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to client senior management, investors and senior members of the firm
- Advanced degree or professional certification such as:
o Certified Public Accountant ("CPA")
o Chartered Account ("CA")
o Chartered Financial Analyst ("CFA")
o Certified Financial Planner ("CFP")
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world