Pay: L8 - L14
Start Date: 01.09.2021
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to work in either the primary or secondary phase of the school, joining our skilled and well established leadership team. Primarily we need the right person to join our team and the area of the school and specific responsibilities of the post will be matched to the right candidate:
Key duties will include:
- Being a designated safeguarding lead
- Leading and managing day to day operational matters within either the primary or secondary phase of the school.
- Line managing key stage and curriculum pathway leaders within the phase.
- Lead on, and contribute to, school development projects across the whole school and those specific to the primary or secondary phase.
The specifics of the role be either:
Phase Pastoral Lead
- Well-being and behaviour
- Be the first port of call for safeguarding matters within the phase
- Pupil Premium/ Covid catch up
Phase Standards, teaching and learning Lead
- Assessment monitoring and analysis
- Pupil Progress
- Quality of teaching and learning
We can offer you:
- A commitment to your professional development, including regular coaching.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and talented team.
- Engaging, happy and highly motivated children.
- A vibrant and caring learning environment within a modern purpose built facility with lots of possibility for future development.
Due to the current Covid situation, socially distanced school visits can be booked or TEAMS discussions with the headteacher if a site visit is not possible at the time. To arrange an appointment please contact Mrs Jo Almond or Mrs Lyn Beasley by telephone or email.
If you would like to discuss this post further, please contact Mr John Somers, Headteacher.
Closing Date: 20/05/2021 at 16:00
Information about the school
The Wyvern School is a large, dynamic, forward-looking school, with the aim of helping to shape best practice for pupils with complex needs. The school caters for 300 pupils with severe, profound and complex needs including autism.
The Wyvern School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.