At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• An exciting role working with our leading SaaS applications, and accountable to the divisional Head of Development. You will be accountable for the roadmap, technical and quality deliverables of multiple teams working on different release cycles and projects.
• Whilst the role has a strong execution focus in terms of task delivery, you will also be a great people leader able to build loyal and engaged teams. This will include ensuring teams have the skills and behaviours to achieve their goals, coaching squad leaders and developing performance and talent.
• Key characteristics for this role are: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, able to juggle multiple competing tasks and able to adapt at pace.
• Manage resourcing and capacity against multiple concurrent workstreams, ensuring considerations for code management, quality activities and customer commitments are included.
• Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against agreed scope and provides regular, transparent progress reports to the Divisional Head of Development.
• Lead & drive the software development team(s) to deliver their commitments on the project, highlighting any impediments/impairments in good time and forming resolution plans to bring projects back in line.
• Collaborate with Product Owners, QA Leads and Divisional Head of Development to ensure alignment and delivery of collaborative projects (such as integration).
• Lead, motivate, develop and manages the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company's needs.
• Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking and commercially and pragmatic decision-making; leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
• You demonstrate motivational leadership and drives high performance teams, ensuring they are equipped to achieve success within their roles. Uses process, tooling and engagement techniques to get the best from teams.
• You are an excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible, pragmatic & consultative approach. Can deliver challenging messages in a positive and pragmatic approach.
• You have a strong tactical delivery and planning focus, able to lead agile development teams and projects to the successful delivery of requirements.
• Ideally you have a good understanding of various technologies, data structures, development best practice and design principles and their application to problem solving, with a background in development.
• You use metrics, analysis and engagement feedback to understand and improve operational efficiency. You pro-actively identify areas for improvement for the team(s) and prioritise according to risk and commercial factors.
• You are able to guide development teams by asking right questions that helps them better understand the problem they need to solve.
• You can make and own hard decisions when it's the right thing to do, showing courage and calmness in challenging circumstances.
• You demonstrate pragmatism and a high level of flexibility.
As a well-rounded Development Manager, you will:
• Have experience of leading a technical team, with evidence of consistent successful delivery.
• Ideally have experience working on several projects and technologies including building and designing a CI/CD solution.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead a team to deliver complex high quality software development projects, to bring commercial value.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A competitive salary
• Giving back/charity days
• Quarterly socials
• 6 weeks sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92583438