Who we're looking for
We are looking for a competent, enthusiastic and diligent risk manager to join the Risk Aggregation Team. The individual will: be able to work independently and also collaboratively to deliver the team's objectives; demonstrate high standards; show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn; have an inquisitive mind; and contribute to continuous improvements.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Risk Aggregation Team's responsibilities include the delivery of high-profile regulatory requirements for the Schroders Group that focus on the firm's capital adequacy and planning for severe but plausible risks, such as the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), Resolution Pack, Recovery Plan and Wind-Down Plan. These are key exercises that receive focus from the Schroders plc Board and the FCA and PRA. The team engages with subject matter experts and senior stakeholders within the business and presents the results of these exercises at key Group-level committees. The team contributes to the development of scenarios that combine internal and external factors to stress test the Group's business plan from a capital resources perspective. In addition, the team manages the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) for our insurance entity, Schroder Pension Management Limited and assists with Committee and Board risk reporting.
What you'll do
• Support project management and delivery of the Group's ICAAP, including sourcing and analysing risk data from subject matter experts across Finance, other Group Risk teams, and the wider business.
• Demonstrate and develop a broad understanding of prudential risk regulatory requirements, capital methodologies and the Group's risk framework.
• Developing and implementing stress test and reverse stress test scenarios, and analysing the impact on the firm's capital resources.
• Support project management and delivery of the Group's Recovery Plan, Resolution Pack and Wind-Down Plan, including engaging with senior management to source and interpret data.
• Preparation of meaningful management information for the Group Risk Committee, Prudential Risk Steering Committee and Group Capital Committee on key risk indicators relevant to reverse stress testing, recovery plan indicators and ICAAP updates.
• Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory changes and assisting in their interpretation and impact for our activities and deliverables and the wider Schroders business.
• Preparing Committee and Board reporting.
• Supporting the running of the SPML Risk Committee and organising the agenda, papers and key stakeholders.
• Assisting the team with ad-hoc and project initiatives as required.
• There is scope to undertake professional qualifications such as the Investment Management Certificate and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Graduate level education
• Good communication and writing skills, including the ability to understand complex concepts and convey them simply
• Good time management skills and planning of personal workload
• Ability to work well with others at different levels of seniority and build effective relationships
• Close attention to detail with good analytical and problem solving skills
• Proactive with the appetite to develop in the role and take on more responsibility
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
Qualifications such as:
• Investment Management Certificate
• ACA/ ACCA
Experience in risk management through one of the following routes:
• Investment Management
• Risk analyst/manager
• Regulatory supervisor
• Audit/ assurance
• Ability to see the bigger picture and assess an issue in the context of the overall risk profile
• Effective networker and relationship management skills
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.