A leading London borough council has an outstanding requirement for a Planning Team Leader to manage and lead a dynamic Development Management Area Team.
Working within a supportive and efficient Planning Service, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team consisting of Planning Officers and Senior Planners in a newly created structure delivering a diverse range of development through the planning system in one of the capitals largest growth areas.
Area Team caseloads will commonly consist of minor, complex medium and applications encompassing residential, commercial, retail, certificates of lawful development and listed building consents etc.
In a managerial capacity you will undertake the following duties;
- Allocate planning applications
- Monitor performance and provide technical advice to junior members of staff in relation to complex planning issues
- Undertake complex pre-application meetings for high profile schemes and negotiate PPA agreements
- Liaise with and conduct member briefings
- Manage team budgets
- Sign off delegated reports
- Implement service improvement initiatives and strategies
- Represent council at committee and public inquiry
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Development Management Team Leader in a UK local authority.
However applications are also encouraged from Development Management Planners with experience as a Deputy Team Leader or Principal Planners who wish to progress their careers in to a formal management role.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com.