Global Hedge Fund Financial Analyst £55,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus and excellent benefits Mayfair, London Permanent The Firm
The firm is looking to recruit an individual with management company or corporate accounting experience to assist with closing the monthly books and records, performing accounting analysis and management reporting, and assisting with financial planning and budgeting, the local audit and regulatory filings.Principal Responsibilities
- Responsible for month-end closing of European management entities, including posting of journal entries and performing reconciliations.
- Assist in financial statement preparation and guiding local audits to completion.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to regional and senior management.
- Interaction with operations, legal, and tax departments as well as local administrator.
- Assistance with International Finance projects and process improvements.
- Assist preparation of internal management reporting, ICAAP, liquidity stress test, and other local regulatory filings and surveys.
- Assist with preparation of European VAT filings
Please apply immediately in order to be considered for the position. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to successful applicants within the next 3-5 working days.
- Minimum of 3-4 years in a Finance or Accounting Role, preferably within a "big four" accounting firm with experience of auditing management companies of a hedge fund or asset management company
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP and UK regulatory reporting requirements
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency with web applications and MS Office
- Ability to multi-task as well as meet short deadlines in a demanding environment
- Proactive individual with strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Detail oriented; demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work