The Colart Group is the leading supplier of art colours and creative materials across the world, including products such as brushes and surfaces which are designed for use by artists of all abilities. We enjoy over a one-third share of the world market for artists' colours, as well as being a leading supplier of colour products to the education and craft markets. Colart brings a collaboration of heritage brands together of which we are very proud: These include Winsor & Newton, Liquitex, Lefranc Bourgeois, Snazaroo, Conte Paris and our newest brand Elephant. Here at Colart we are building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to join our Global Snazaroo Brand Team. The role is based in Minehead, Somerset. A combination of home/office working will be considered.
Founded in 1989, Snazaroo is proudly made in the UK to the highest quality standards. From our base in Somerset, England, we dream up face and body painting materials to spark imaginations all around the globe. With single colours and complete kits, how to guides, tools and special effects, our range is always evolving to bring you new ways to create.
This role is within IR35.Job description:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Snazaroo team at a transformational time and lead the development of our product portfolio.
Reporting into the UK Marketing Director, you will plan and maintain marketing, brand development and new product development projects for specified product categories within the Snazaroo brand portfolio. This is a brand-critical role and you will have the drive and capability to spearhead change in developing and bringing to market a fast-track creation of NPD to drive brand growth. The successful candidate will:
1. Develop and validate with ! the Marketing Director the product innovation strategy and roadmap of the Snazaroo ranges in line with the global brand strategy.
2. Lead the development of new products and ranges in collaboration with the R&D, supply chain, manufacturing, packaging, finance and NPD/EPD teams. Ensure that product launch timelines are met.
3. Strengthen Snazaroo brand positioning through product assortment, packaging, pricing and communication of the Snazaroo brand portfolio in alignment with the Marketing Director.
4. Monitor and report on competition, consumer, and market trends and identify growth and new product opportunities.
5. Be an authority on status of specific product categories, maintaining awareness of trade and consumer needs through liaison with markets, customers, utilisation of market research and other consumer information.
6. Work with the North America and UK local commercial teams to ensure product relevancy for local consumers, retailers and brand distributors.
7. Ensure that new product development and launch plans are also relevant for other markets such as Western Europe and International markets.
8. Brief, manage, control and proof-check the design, compilation and multi-lingual translation of all product related printed matter including packaging, promotional materials and consumer/technical literature. Ensure they meet with all international legal standards and Brand Identity Guidelines.
9. Support in the financial management of the brand to ensure brand decisions are made in the context of the P&L and new launches meet the business profitability target.
10. Manage the brand budget related to new product development with the support of the Finance business partner.
11. Create NPD tool kits to ensure successful launch activation (retailer tool kit, merchandising, sell-in tools and presentations, digital assets) with the help of the Global Brand Manager-Communications.
12. Monitor brand pricing and promotions on a regular basis in line with the brand strategy and positioning
Experience and qualifications we are looking for
- Educated to Degree level with a marketing, digital marketing, graphic design or similar qualification
- Proven experience in New Product Development, primarily in the cosmetics or toy industry
- Portfolio management marketing and digital marketing experience
- Project Management
- Strong affinity for cosmetics and/or children's creative products (eg. art and craft, paint)
- Budget management experience
- Skills and qualities we are looking for
- Creative self-starter, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and be hands on
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Fluency in English
Interested? Don't hesitate! Go to the "Apply now"
section to download our application form