- In this role you will be responsible
- To identify training needs for security staff in line with all relevant policies and procedures.
- To ensure all staff maintain high standards of personal hygiene and conform to the correct
- To submit wage sheets, monthly stats reports, holiday request forms and rotas to line manager.
- Carry out return to work interviews with staff in line with Sector policies.
- To supervise and allocate Security staff to areas as required.
- To adhere to the Security standing instructions.
- To adhere to the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde bomb alert guidelines and procedures.
- Security team leaders must wear there Ballistic/stab proof vests every time they leave the security control room.
- To hold and restrain violent patients, staff and members of the public when requested by medical staff as per standing instructions.
- There are approximately 2 emergency calls (response immediate) per-days throughout the Hospital.
- To carry out patrols in a accordance with agreed schedules and the security standing instructions
- To provide security for staff, patients, and visitors.
- To provide a security presence at Accident & Emergency from 22.30 to 05.30 Monday to Sunday.
- Completion and submission of IR1 forms.
- Completion and filling of all incident forms.
- To provide security escorts for restaurant staff with money i.e. from vending machines, other restaurants and areas in the Hospital to the safe.
- Reporting of all access door faults and resetting if required.
- Respond to all alarms investigate and reset as required and complete all the relevant paper work.
- Investigate break-in and report it to the appropriate authorities and complete incident forms.
- Ensuring all lock ups and unlocks are carried out in line with procedures and standing instructions.
- To provide I'D photographs along with badges on request and ensure all associated paper work is completed and filled.
- Completion and submission of all log books, call logs and daily occurrence sheets
- Counsel staff and carry out return to work interviews in line with Sector policies.
- Ensure the observance of safe working practices.
- Respond to emergency situations, e.g., fire, bomb, major incidents, etc.
- Ensure that all security staff is smart and have a professional appearance at all times.
- Checking in lost property and completion of all associated paper work.
The shift pattern is Mon - Sun 12hr shift 7on 7 offInformal Contact Robert MacGregor,
Training & Recruitment Manager on 0141 211 0436
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde encourages applications from all sections of the community. We promote a culture of inclusion across the organisation and are proud of the diverse workforce we have.
Details on how to contact the Recruitment Service can be found within the Candidate Information Pack