Store Manager DesignateLocation: Newton AbbotSalary from: £20,940 per annumPermanent Full Time Position (40 hours)
Do you want to join a fast paced, fun loving retailer...with a real family atmosphere in our stores? Come and discover the wonder of The Works!
As a Store Manager at The Works, you will have the autonomy to build your own mini "The Works", creating something special along the way. All we ask is you will lead by example, inspiring your team to deliver the best service to our customers.
We will invest time and money back in you with dedicated training, visits to our Support Centre in Birmingham, and surrounding you with a great support network.
We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our people, you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team.Main duties and key responsibilities of our Store Managers:
What we want from you:
- Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
- Achieving the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
- Managing and receiving deliveries.
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
What you can expect from us:
- Previous management experience.
- Be creative - you will have a lot of autonomy to merchandise your store and demonstrate products to your customers.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We know as a new Store Manager, you are likely to bring some great ideas with you.
Social distancing recruitment
- Excellent training.
- Be enrolled onto the managers quarterly bonus scheme
- 25% discount off all of our products!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Career progression
If you are selected and invited for an interview, this is likely to be on the telephone in the first instance, with a potential follow up via a video call using Zoom. All instructions will be sent to you to ensure as smooth a process as possible. We do appreciate that you will want to see the store that you might be working in. Following successful interviews both on the telephone and via video call, you will be invited to visit the store so you can see for yourself before making a final decision. We will be adhering to full social distancing measures during your visit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the recruitment team directly.About The Works:
We are very proud to be a Sunday Times 2020 Top 25 "Best Big Companies" to work for.
At The Works, we are a family! Our stores are fun to be in and jam packed with great products that our customers love...and so do we! Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
The Works is one of the UK's leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. We are a high street retailer that bucks the trend, constantly growing and opening new stores at an amazing rate.
We sell high-quality, great value products in four specialist categories, primarily through our network of over 500 stores in the UK & Ireland. We also have a significant and growing online presence that enables customers to shop any time of the day and an extended range of products that are not available in our stores. Our multi-channel offering, one of the first of its kind in the value retail sector, includes our popular Click & Collect service, offering further convenience for our customers.