We are looking for a User Researcher who ...
- wants to put real users at the centre of projects that touch millions of lives
- knows the core user research methods, with confidence to know when and how to use them
- communicates and collaborates with the right people at the right time
- can understand a problem and align user research activities to drive solutions
- uses data analysis to turn user focus into real outcomes and recommendations
- can embrace and apply Agile principles and tools to bring visibility to the work of a team
SOUNDS LIKE YOU? Then click APPLY NOW. We'd love to hear from you! DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- knows when to work within boundaries and constraints and when to challenge them
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million
people, and make payments worth over £195bn
every year. There are over 110,000
colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We're driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we're transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
Our pension offer is amazing - with circa 27% contributions from your employer - so you'll be working towards a better future for you and your family while you're helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You'll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off. Duties. Work. Projects.
We want a talented User Researcher
to work within Technology Services
as part of user support services.Tech Services
are the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. We deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives.We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Do you like working autonomously? Here you'll independently prepare, plan and carry out research projects, right through to sharing research outcomes.
You will make use of the most appropriate research methods and tools to turn research insights into recommendations that DWP us get where we need to go.
You'll be the voice of our users. You'll communicate with users and champion core research principles. You will also be testing high level and specific aspects of services, and presenting your findings to help gain consensus so we take the right action.
You will have the support of experienced User Researchers within our practice. It's a great place to build your skills and learn from talented peers. You'll quickly be able to work autonomously, supported by a safety net of deep community expertise.Details. Wages. Perks
You'll join our team at our digital hub in Manchester.However, we currently have all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666p.a.
, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring & accreditation
- Shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
- Career progression opportunities and lots more