Infrastructure Solutions Architect
My client is looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Architect who will own the infrastructure aspects of the design process for approved projects and support the implementation process by driving consistency and standards into the new or enhanced IT infrastructure. Client DetailsInfrastructure Solutions Architect
The client is a Global FTSE 250 market-leading professional services organisation. The client is truly global with a presence spanning 41 countries with 10k employees. DescriptionInfrastructure Solutions Architect
My client welcomes applicants from a range of industries and is focused on bringing in talented individuals.Responsibilities:
ProfileInfrastructure Solutions Architect
- Be an Infrastructure and Architecture focused Subject Matter Expert.
- Throughout the project life cycle, support project delivery teams during design, build, test, piloting, migration, and implementation of infrastructure solutions. This could include market & technical evaluation and presentation of shortlisted options to the Technical Design Authority during the design phase.
- Work with the Infrastructure Technical Delivery team to ensure infrastructure solution building blocks are correctly identified across the portfolio and delivered exactly once.
- Create architectural deliverables for global and regional projects and programmes.
- Deliver detailed documentation of test cases, for the validation of new infrastructure technology onto the enterprise
- Deliver low-level design for technology change into the Technical Design Authority.
- Collaborate with other technical teams (e.g., Applications) to ensure that infrastructure architecture is aligned, is fit for purpose, and is aligned with agreed principles and standards.
- Leading the design, development, and implementation of new & updated IT Infrastructure to meet business requirements, ensuring alignment to the architectural road map and IT strategy.
- Adhering to IT Delivery governance, controls, methodologies, and compliance standards and expectations.
The successful candidate will need to have a least 7 years experience in an Infrastructure and project delivery environment; in infrastructure engineering and design roles.Core Competencies
- Extensive and direct knowledge of all aspects and components of IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter
- Global Enterprise WAN design/deployment role(s) using global service provider IPVPN, internet DMVPN, and SDWAN.
- Enterprise and open-source network monitoring tools - e.g. SolarWinds, PRTG, Cacti.
- Good understanding of network and broader Infrastructure architectures.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, Skype for Business, Systems Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM), SQL, TCP/IP, Routing, and Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of core Microsoft cloud technologies and services, including Azure, focusing on IaaS and Office 365.
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in developing and maintaining software solutions and architectures and in-service delivery.
- Is a Thought Leader in the infrastructure and platform space, covering a wide range of technologies, such as but not limited to:
- Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
- Database Platforms and related management tools
- System management and monitoring tools.
- Backup and recovery tools/technologies
- VMware and virtualisation technologies
- Capacity and performance management
- 5+ years in a technical infrastructure position, including design experience.
- Broad demonstrable experience of different vendors. Able to choose intelligently between them, giving reasons.
My client welcomes candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. Please let us know if we can help you with the application process in any way. We are more than happy to make any adjustments needed to enable all interested candidates to apply.Job OfferInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectSalary up to £70k + Car allowance (Cash option) & Company Benefits.
My client is committed to paying people fairly for the role they undertake. They also provide a wide range of benefits to support their employees including well-being programmes, Employee Assistance line, the opportunity to buy extra holidays, and shopping discounts offers as part of their flexible benefits scheme.