A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance ERP Project Manager to join a leading global organisation. This is a 2-year fixed term contract to head up a major finance project following the implementation of MS Dynamics 365.
- A programme plan of preparations required of the Finance community and beyond for the related aspects of the implementation is created. This will include:
- Assessing the business process implications for key financial accounting transactions
- Assessing the business process implications for grants and project finance accounting
- Assessing the business process implications for year-end processes
- Assessing the implications for budgets, forecasts and management reporting
- Assessing the data migration strategy and implications
- Assessing the implications of monitoring and evaluation system
- Ensure all other aspects are identified, assessed and prepared for
- Business processes are appropriately reviewed and improved in preparation for the rollout, and that wider benefits from the rollout are maximised.
- There is clarity about the scope of specific aspects of the project and how they integrate and how they will impact business processes (for example distinction between D365, Data warehouse, BPC and Power BI) to ensure end to end integration.
- There is mutual shared understanding between finance team and the systems programme team of both the finance requirements and the systems procedures, to ensure alignment and support resolution for areas where alignment may differ.
- Understand end to end finance processes and the scope of the ERP implementation, which is a subset of the overall process. Working with the Director of Accounting Services and other GH Finance staff to ensure that due consideration if given to the ongoing integrity of those finance processes which are outside the scope of the new ERP system and that there are plans to streamline those out of scope processes where appropriate.
- Testing and implementation of the ERP are well planned to reflect the operational environment of the receiving Finance teams and beyond and that finance team supports effectively.
- Global Finance teams and beyond are well briefed about what is expected of them and when, have appropriate training and are supported to resolve operational risks and issues.
- Finance subject matter experts contribute fully to developing the solution and in preparation of implementation streamlining finance processes, preparation of written guidance and training solutions ahead of ERP implementation.
- As rollout is implemented, Finance teams globally proceed as planned, any issues are identified and resolved swiftly.
- Build a strong programme management approach with regular review meetings to track progress against the plan, assess risks and resourcing implications, ensure issues are identified and resolved and appropriate escalation as needed. Thereby ensuring the preparation for and implementation of rollout remains on time and is successful.
- Ongoing relationships with internal stakeholders are well-managed to identify and deliver solutions that benefit all. In particular ensuring constructive collaboration between Finance, Procurement, Project Management, country offices and the ERP systems programme team.
- A culture of collective endeavour and solutions focussed on a "can do" attitude across the project.
- Risks are evaluated and mitigated with sound business and commercial judgement.
- Substantial experience of leading a large project or programme management of complex initiatives
- Proven experience of working with Systems Programme teams and business process owners to successfully develop and implement D365 (or similar ERP) within a global Finance function
- Working with business teams and Dynamics Product Owner to capture, understand and improve business processes, and to translate these requirements into design solutions to meet operational objectives
- Solid programme expertise and record keeping, from requirement gathering to implementation and support
- Ability to clearly articulate change management and training requirements
- Ability to contribute to effective project management and governance to achieve best possible value and customer service
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience