The Claims department seek to be market-leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to our brokers and clients. Our vision is to be the most customer centric, agile and value adding claims team in the market. We strive to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity. The claims team works collaboratively alongside the underwriting function in order to facilitate close communication and exchange of ideas, and is an integral part of the product and customer service delivered to our clients.
The Management Liability and Cyber claims team handles claims for three underwriting teams within Wholesale Claims. It handles a broad range of UK and international claims which includes those arising from Directors and Officers, Warranty and Indemnity, Cyber, Technology, Media and Intellectual Property policies. Key accountabilities
Duties and accountability
Skills & experience
- Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer oriented approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, honest and personable communications with all brokers and (re)insureds.
- Manage claims, including third party agreements (TPA) and service providers, in line with the company claims philosophy, reserving philosophy, and Claims Handling Manual.
- Call out any issues to management as required under the Claims Handling Manual and raise any areas of uncertainty promptly so that they can be resolved.
- Provide high quality commentary on relevant movements, highlighting significant notifications, claim trends or developments.
- Ensure peer reviews are completed and any actions arising are completed, evidenced and raised as appropriate.
- Ensure TPAs and service providers are appropriately appointed, monitored and challenged including carrying out audits / reviews.
- Oversight of service providers ensuring that they are act in line with company claims philosophy, and reserving philosophy.
- Maintain good working relationships with the underwriting team, Actuarial team and Outwards Reinsurance Team. Provide feedback on claims experiences, contract wordings, claims data or feedback for any renewal to the respective Claims Managers and underwriters.
- Support an organised broker interaction program on an annual basis; build and maintain relationships with key brokers. Raise feedback received on our service to provide a more customer orientated, nimble and value-adding claims service.
- Contribute through own work to achieve the critical metrics set in the annual Claims Business Plan and to identify areas of improvement in the Team, as well as provide proactive feedback to the Claims Manager.
- Treat customers fairly and report any complaints immediately so that these can be addressed quickly. Flag any potential or actual conflict of interest in accordance with our procedures
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Professional Financial Risks
- Possess a solid understanding of the claims environment
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills
- Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and ability to use or learn our in-house systems
- Possess strong independent organisational skills
- Be collaborative in your approach by sharing best practice improvements with the other team members or claims teams