An unmissable job opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineer with manufacturing industry experience to join an international business based in Birmingham on the outskirts of the City Centre.
This company produces products mainly used in the automotive sector and they have plans this year to grow the majority of departments.
This role is a great opportunity as there is real scope to develop. The hiring manager is looking to bring in a dynamic candidate that is wanting to progress and can became the successor to other members of staff in the department.
Salary = £30-35,000 depending on relevance of experience
Benefits = Quarterly bonus, 25 days holiday + statutory days + shut down in easter, summer and Christmas, auto enrolment pension, life assurance, free parking.
The main purpose of this position is to work closely with the new projects manager and support with international projects with the launch of new products and modifications.
• Coordinate product introduction meetings
• Issue Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) status reports
• Identify project risks and options
• Maintain project folders and project tracking
• Submit PPAP's to customers and creating gap analysis where required
• Support on process FMEA's
• Support commercial departments on feasibility reviews and costings
• Working with cross functional teams across Europe and internationally
• Maintaining high level of customer service to internal and external customers
• Role is 50% desk based, 50% shop floor
The ideal candidate:
• Must have experience similar to this role from a manufacturing or engineering background
• Have had a focus on new product or projects
• Previous experience of producing APQP, PPAP's, FMEA's & MSA's, Control plans or similar - knowledge of AIAG 5 core elements
• Has a full driving license and access to a car as travel to customers in the UK and some international travel is required
• Ideally have knowledge of IATF 16949 however line manager is lead auditor for IATF so all training is provided
• Must have strong communication and customer service skills due to the coordination of the role
• Must be highly accurate and methodical with their work
All training will be given to this candidate on products and processes
So are you up for the challenge?
Are you looking for a projects focused role within a company with great staff retention?
Do you want to progress you career and move up the ladder?
If so then this is the role for you. Do not hesitate and apply today.