Our client a highly successful International business in the Technology sector are currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant / Compliance Advisor for the Woking, Surrey office. Role currently working from home.Client Details
Our client a highly successful International business in the Technology sector are currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant / Compliance Advisor for the Woking, Surrey office. Role currently working from home.Description
As a Tax Accountant / Compliance Advisor for the Woking, Surrey office you will be responsible for:
The UK & Ireland Tax Accountant will work in a tax team of three, reporting into the UK Tax Manager, and will provide tax compliance services across corporation tax, employment taxes and VAT within the UK region, thereby helping to maintain the Group's low risk status with HMRC.
There will be opportunities to provide support to the business in tax advisory and international tax projects.
- Preparation of all aspects of the corporate tax compliance cycle, including the preparation of corporate tax computations and QIP calculations
- Preparation of tax provisions under IFRS as part of the quarterly reporting cycle and year end statutory reporting, including liaison with the Group Tax and Group Consolidations teams in Paris.
- Preparation of limited PAYE compliance (e.g. PSA, P11D, and Form 42).
- Preparation of the VAT returns under Making Tax Digital
- Identifying and implementing process improvements across the compliance cycle
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting the Tax Manager in commercial pursuits including tax review of commercial contracts and deal structures, advising on cross border tax issues such as PE, WHT and VAT
- Have good tax technical skills, with a solid background in compliance, ideally with a focus on corporate tax. Multi-tax experience is not essential.
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. competent in pivot tables, vlookup, "IF","SUMIF" formulae etc).
- Be a good problem solver, with an ability to work independently to see projects through to completion
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to your work, with the ability to work to deadlines with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, with the ability to form strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have an ability to and desire to keep up to date with changes in the tax arena and to communicate these across a variety of stakeholders.
- Be interested in expanding your career in tax within a commercial environment by taking on additional responsibility whilst maintaining a core technical compliance focus.
Salary £35,000 - £40,000
Strong Benefits Package
Currently working from home and flexibility to work from home and the office