About The Role
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- The Embedded PMO Support role supports the effective management of the portfolio activities and is responsible for the quality assurance of programmes and projects within their allocated section of the portfolio.
- This role is to support Thames Water's Digital delivery. The role is to ensure adherence to project management procedures, methodologies, guidelines, and best practices of the Digital Portfolio Management Office. Ensuring consistent application of an effective project management methodology ensures portfolio reporting mechanisms are adhered to with regard to planning, budget, resources, RAID, change, progress and quality.
- The role is responsible for ensuring that projects and programmes are compliant with month-end financial and status reporting, appropriate project delivery methodology and that project/programme status is accurately reflected in Portfolio supporting tools.
- Provide support and guidance on portfolio, programme and project management processes, procedures, software, tools and techniques for Project Managers.
- Provide assurance of Programme and Project Management reporting and tracking of programme/project progress and performance from a quality assurance perspective.
- Administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Support for the ongoing governance and assurance arrangements in line with Central PMO guidance. Coordinate project gate reviews with the Project Managers, providing quality assurance of gates in preparation for review and sign off.
- Assurance that the Project and Programme Managers are following the appropriate Thames Water and Thames Digital commercial processes.
- Assurance of the quality of RAID items, with the insistence of updates/mitigation and closure where possible. You will provide support for escalated issues and ensure change control methods and processes are embedded and followed.
- Assist with the management of cross-portfolio dependencies, ensuring they are being actively managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained by Programme and Project Managers.
- Develop an understanding of the relevant section of the portfolio and related business areas in detail.
What's in it for you?
- You will be Prince2 or MSP Practitioner qualified.
- You will be P30 Practitioner qualified.
- You will be fully familiar with industry-standard programme and project management techniques and their application in a real project environment.
- You will have experience in applying standard project management frameworks (tools, techniques).
- You will have Project Management Experience in projects with an IT component.
- You will be proficient in MS Project, Visio and MS Office.
- Experience of Microsoft Project Online and Power BI is advantageous.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.