A leading global organisation are looking for a Financial Accounting Project Manager to lead and develop a detailed Financial Year End improvement strategy and implementation plan for the Finance functions and beyond in Global Hub, Regional Hubs and Country Offices across 80 countries.
- Develop and implement appropriate KPIs to enable continuous improvement of the monthly activities contributing to a successful year end.
- Lead the ongoing review of performance against the plan, ensuring actions are being implemented as planned, issues arising are being resolved and appropriate timely escalation is undertaken to ensure the programme remains on track and successful.
- Establish suitable programme best practice including identification of risks, effective resource allocation, managing conflicting priorities and use of suitable programme management tools to support the aims of the programme.
- Develop global Finance colleagues' capability and close skills gaps in programme management
- Gather insights and intelligence about trends, developments and innovation in Year End processes from the external environment, particularly from peer organisations and in relation to technological solutions.
- Develop Financial Year End capability and understanding of non-finance colleagues and leaders.
- Lead stakeholder engagement and communications with regards to the programme.
- Lead preparation for different programme management groups including Leadership Team, Finance Matters Programme Board, Financial Audit Committee and its Task Force, International Board and Members Assembly.
- Work in close partnership with colleagues preparing for the implementation of new ERP systems to ensure priorities aligned, and benefits of rollout are maximised for financial accounting.
- Substantial experience of leading and delivering a swift and significant finance improvement programme
- Solid project management expertise (from requirement gathering to implementation and support) including sound risk management, reporting and record keeping
- A strong understanding and experience of all aspects of the in-year financial accounting and financial Year End process and functions
- Experience of reviewing cross-department process efficiency and identifying process waste and contributor capability issues
- Excellent experience of engaging with global stakeholders with varying degrees of financial ability and understanding (from expert to inexperienced).
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally with recent audit experience
- Experience of large global complex organisations