Closing Date - 09/05/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an experienced Accommodation System Project Manager, to be responsible for the development, training and support of the B2022 Accommodation Reservation System (ACM), part of the B2022 Games Management System. The role will provide systems knowledge, structure, and administrative support to the ACM Functional Area (FA). This role will be a vital link between the Accommodation, Arrivals & Departures, Finance and the Technology Functional Areas.Responsibilities
Skills & Experience Required
- Work in collaboration with Accommodation reservation system provider via the Technology FA to ensure all functionality and conditions reflect the specifics of B2022 requirements in terms of Accommodation (80%) and Arrivals and Departures (20%).
- Assist the Accommodation Lead to develop training tools and documentation to ensure the ACM Reservation System is understood and managed effectively across all relevant FA's.
- Guarantee the highest level of integration between the ACM reservation system and the Arrival & Departures System.
- Work with all key stakeholders and relevant B2022 FA's regarding the ACM reservation system to ensure the most effective processes are established and provide ongoing feedback on ACM system requirements. Provide training regarding the implementation and use of ACM reservation system.
- Collaborate with the Finance FA to develop the necessary financial policies to be managed within the reservation system including but not limited to, payment conditions & payment gateway system tools.
- Manage the reservation system training in relation to hotel invoicing processes and cash management receipting associated with client reservations for the ACM FA and other relevant FA's.
- Develop appropriate training documentation supporting the reservation system
- Regular project and milestone planning and reporting. Risk and issue management.
- Act as a key liaison between the ACM FA and Technology FA during the delivery phase for reservation system updates and or further development requirements.
- Project management and delivery of a significant project
- Implementing Software Applications
- An experienced manager from the accommodation & hospitality industry
- Experience in accommodation management software
- Experience with the implementation and training of a Reservations System/Distribution System
- Experience in managing and implementing a new system or program including training, development, and implementation
- High level of organisational skills and experience in managing demanding projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in the use of information technology and reporting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Experience in managing reservation processes including group blocks, contracts, release back schedules, and deposits
- Experience in managing a team which has run complex accommodation reservation and distribution systems.
- Experience in developing training programs and delivery for a hospitality system
- Previous experience using event software
- Experience in developing training manuals, policies, and procedures relating to reservations