About the Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Administration Assistant / trainee Marine Trade Underwriter. Reporting directly into our Marine Trade Underwriting Manager. The role is full time and based in Poole.
This role will be providing brokers with support for Marine Trade / Marine Commercial products, over the telephone and electronic means.
Is this role for you?
In order to succeed in this role you must be passionate about our business and you role within it. You should also make a positive difference to your team / our business and innovate to improve yourself, your output and our results.
- To ensure premiums / claims are input correctly into Brokertech / Database and DGOS and correct any queries arising. Ensure Marine Trade / Marine Commercial renewals are issued 30 days prior to renewal.
- Administration support when required and general office duties.
- Evaluating the Marine Trade / Marine Commercial risks at New Business, Mid-term Adjustment (MTA) and Renewal and applying rates, terms, endorsements, accept or decline where advised to do so by underwriters/make own decision when able to and advise underwriters of your decision before implementing.
- Be able to answer all broker non underwriting queries relating to the Marine Trade / Marine Commercial products.
- Accounts / credit control issues and queries
- Be able to answer these broker queries via phone, company email, SW3 ref system, personal emails
- Broker development - calling brokers offering help and advice on the system and products
- Process premium into Brokertech / Database and DGOS and correct any queries that arise
- Completing the claims frame on Brokertech / Database and DGOS
- Deal with agency queries
- Provide administration support when required
- Ensure the loss ratios are achieved
- Ensure targets are achieved
- Personal development
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Broker focused
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Excellent understanding of the products
- Take responsibility
- Communicate and Listen effectively
- Be Compliant
- Define and celebrate successes, learn from missed opportunities
Our Group is fast paced and constantly changing, which makes it all the more of an exciting place to work. Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible benefits